Most, if not all, of us are held back by our anxiety.
My name is Dr. John Souglides, a registered and qualified Hypnotherapist offering effective anxiety treatment in Johannesburg. This article uncovers how your anxiety is holding you back and what can be done to overcome it.
Before I go any further, I should clarify that it is not anxiety that keeps us back; instead, it is the associated avoidance of anxiety-provoking situations. Anxiety causes a fight or flight response, with avoidance being the most common reaction to potentially overwhelming situations.
How Is Your Anxiety Holding You Back?
Anxiety causes intense feelings of tension and worry, which harms a person’s self-esteem and leads to a complete loss of confidence. It may feel challenging to fight for recognition with others, but it’s considerably more difficult when you’re not confident.
Some situations that individuals unwittingly avoid because of their anxiety are:
- Keeping track of your finances and monthly payments, debts and accounts.
- Avoidance of risks that can open up opportunities such as applying for a dream job.
- Opening up about a traumatic or painful event to a loved one.
- Returning to work after a long period of unemployment.
- Performing at your fullest potential in performance-based activities or life/career choices in fear of failure.
- Fear of claiming independence, e.g., travelling or living alone.
- Putting off tasks or projects till the last minute affecting overall quality and causing stress.
- Avoiding meeting new people or putting yourself in situations where you could meet new people.
- Trying something new, outdoor activity, team sports or creative pursuits and expressions.
- Failing to build and sustain new business and personal relationships.
- Seeking professional help. Such as therapy, life coaching, trauma counselling, hypnotherapy, dietary guidance or other health experts.
The above list is not exclusive; not all individuals experience anxiety the same way. Environmental circumstances, age, genetics and personal experience all play a role. If you are beginning to identify areas in your life that may be affected by your anxiety, do not worry – there is a solution.
The Role Of Hypnotherapy In Addressing Anxiety
Research suggests that hypnotherapy can help alleviate tension, fear, and anxiety. With consecutive sessions, a person experiencing debilitating anxiety can be led to draw focus to dealing with particular symptoms and overcoming limiting beliefs and behaviours.
Anxiety hypnotherapy may assist people suffering from anxiety in altering their negative thoughts and controlling their symptoms. Furthermore, hypnotherapy may help address frequent co-occurring disorders relating to anxiety, such as:
- Panic disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Headaches & migraines.
- Substance dependence or abuse.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Take Control Of Your Anxiety With Hypnotherapy
Do you have a clear or even fuzzy picture of how you would like your life to be? Does it just feel like something is standing in your way? Looking for effective anxiety treatment in Johannesburg?
Together we can help overcome your anxiety and pave your way to a whole, successful and meaningful life – get in touch today.